Welcome folks! Apologies for the dust, it’s been a while since we’ve opened up the Customer Service desk here. But we have some exciting news for you today. And an opportunity…
If you’re a fan of The Magnus Archives, you’ll probably know by now that we will be taking a mid-season break after MAG100 (April 5th 2018). This is so we can get some production issues sorted, finalise Season 3 castings, and just give Jonny a chance to lay down his pen for a few moments. [cue Alex voice] The Magnus Archives will resume on May 17th 2018. Rest assured, we have some nifty treats planned for the break so your feeds will not be empty.
A key part of Rusty Quill’s ethos is to provide an outlet for new talent, in whatever form we can highlight (e.g. voice acting, art, production). Which is why I’m really pleased to announce RQ’s first proper competition!
Would you like to hear YOUR words on air? Then this is your opportunity! We are offering the chance for 2 people to have their original horror story produced and read out by Jonny and/or other members of the RQ crew (depending on availability) as part of the upcoming break. Full details are provided below, but you’ve got 1 month to get your creative pieces to us and a judging panel of Jonny & Alex will choose 2 lucky pieces to undergo the RQ treatment and be released in the main #MagnusPod feed. So, pick up those quills and get writing!
RUSTY FEARS – a RQ Horror Writing competition
Terms & Conditions
- Competition closes at midnight GMT on Sunday 1st April 2018.
- Submissions should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org with the Subject of ‘Rusty Fears Entry’.
- There will be 2 (TWO) winning entries.
- Entries should be an original short story in the horror genre, with a word count between 1,000 and 2,500 words (not including title).
- Do not include more than 3 (THREE) characters/voices.
- Must be in English (or English dialect).
- We are looking for stories NOT statements. Please do NOT submit stories set in the Magnus-verse or use #MagnusPod characters/events/IP in your submission.
- Entries should be in prose, NOT script format.
- No more than 1 (ONE) entry per person.
- The winning entries may undergo script editing before transmission.
- The winning entries will be read/voice acted by members of the Rusty Quill crew and the episodes will be transmitted between 12th April and 10th May 2018.
- Whilst copyright in the winning entries remains vested with their respective writers, the writers agree to freely licence the work and any adaptation thereof to Rusty Quill Ltd, who may use it as they see fit with appropriate credit given where due.
- The judges’ decision is final and, unfortunately, no communication with writers about non-winning entries can be entered into, unless otherwise agreed.
- Any questions should be directed to email@example.com or @therustyquill on Twitter.