Derivative Audio Product
Summary of Licensing Requirements
Content distributed by Rusty Quill Ltd. is licenced under an Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International licence. As a result, there are certain requirements that need to be met when generating derivative fan-works in order to avoid legal complications.
Below you will find a basic list of these requirements. However, please be aware that all derivative works are judged on a case by case basis meaning that this communication does not constitute an endorsement of your product and we are not able to offer any guarantees that these requirements may not be subject to change in the future.
Should you not meet all of these requirements RustyQuill Ltd. retains the right to pursue legal action to halt the creation of your derivative product.
Requirements of Derivative Fan Works
These are basic requirements that must be met to avoid potential legal complications.
- The project must never be monetized in any way. This includes but is not limited to: sale of direct or indirect advertising rights, derivative products such as merchandising, payment for labour,commissioning of creative assets, paid third-party collaboration.
- The Title of the content must not include any key words from the titles of existing Rusty Quill Intellectual Properties. This includes but is not limited to: “Stellar”, “Firma”, “Magnus”,“Archives”, “Rusty”, “Quill”, “Usher”, “Foundation”, “Outliers”.
Every episode of content must include the following announcements:
An audio announcement at the very beginning stating:
- “[Insert Fanwork Title] is a derivative, non-canonical, fan-made project derived from [Insert Rusty Quill Intellectual Property Title], an original podcast which is created and distributed by Rusty Quill Ltd. [Insert Fanwork Title] is not endorsed by Rusty Quill Ltd. and is distributed under a creative-commons, attribution, noncommercial, sharealike, 4.0 international license. For more information about the original source material visit www.rustyquill.com”
- A link directing consumers to the original content: e.g.:
- A link directing consumers to the original licensing:
Mail: Rusty Quill Ltd., 27 Old Gloucester Street, London, WC1N 3AX
Company #: 09660981 (Registered in England and Wales) © Rusty Quill 2020
- No artwork associated with the project can be reminiscent of official artwork associated with RustyQuill Ltd. or its Intellectual Properties This includes but is not limited to: general composition, colour scheme, font.
- No limitations can be made on the distribution of the product (i.e. no artificial ‘gatekeeping’ is permitted.)
- You need to send an mp3 version of your pilot episode to email@example.com, at least 2 weeks prior to release for review.
- Once the project is live you need to contact us via email to firstname.lastname@example.org and provide a link pointing to where the latest episodes can be accessed.
You can download the notice here for your records.