It’s competition time once again, and this one is for all you talented artists out there!
We’re opening the doors to see what fantastic fanart you can create to share your enthusiasm and visions for all three of our current shows – the Rusty Quill Gaming Podcast, The Magnus Archives and Stellar Firma.
With three merch prize packs up for grabs (one per show, see terms and conditions below), the competition runs from this Thursday 11th March to Sunday 28th March for you to get your designs, based on one of the below themes, in to us. We’ll then select the best entries to go forward to a public vote on our social media to determine the winners!
In order to stimulate that creativity, we’re setting some episodic themes that your original fanart submission should be based on – with three options per show! Feel free to use the events and ideas of those episodes or arcs as your inspiration sees fit.
The Magnus Archives
- Dreamer (MAG011)
- The New Door (MAG047)
- The Masquerade / Stranger & Stranger (MAG118-119)
Rusty Quill Gaming
- Dover & The Channel
- Rome (present-day or ancient)
- Vents and Labyrinths (STL11)
- Planets and Protagonists (STL35)
- Cafés and Camouflage (STL51)
Entries should be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org with the info required below.
RQ FANART COMPETITION: RUSTY GALLERY
Terms & Conditions
- By participating in the RQ Fanart Competition, you agree to be bound by these Rules and by the interpretation of these rules by Rusty Quill Ltd. In order to enter the Competition, you must follow all of the Rules laid out here and your fanart submission(s) must meet the eligibility criteria.
- There will be three (3) Prizes awarded – one prize pack for each winning entry in each of the three categories – The Magnus Archives, Rusty Quill Gaming and Stellar Firma. No entrant may win more than one prize pack, and in the event that an entrant may be shortlisted for, and subsequently win, multiple categories, Rusty Quill Ltd will determine an equitable prize allocation.
- Each prize pack shall consist of RQ merchandise from our storefront on Teepublic, with designs of the winners’ choosing from the range available at the time, to include: a T-Shirt, a mug, a sticker, a crew neck jumper, a hoodie, a notebook and a poster.
- This contest is open to all persons, except employees and their relatives of Rusty Quill Ltd.
- If you are under the age of 18, you must have parental or guardian consent to participate in this competition. Rusty Quill reserves the right to request proof of eligibility or consent from any entrant. Failure to provide or provision of false or misleading information could result in disqualification.
- In order to be eligible for consideration, submissions must:
- Be wholly original;
- Be the sole work and creation of the entrant;
- Consist of a traditional drawing/painting or digital artwork, excluding any manipulated photographs, screenshots or image edits;
- Be at least 750 x 750 pixels in size and 300 dpi;
- Not contain any depictions or content not in keeping with Rusty Quill’s standards and ethos;
- Not contain any copyrighted characters, references to or material of any intellectual property other than that of Rusty Quill Ltd;
- Be related to one of the stated themes for the competition;
- Not violate any law, statute, ordinance or regulation, or the rights / interests of any third party.
- Entrants may submit one entry for each show, up to a maximum of three different pieces.
- Any questions about the competition should be submitted to email@example.com.
- The themes for the competition are the events and inspirations of:
- Rusty Quill Gaming – Dover & the Channel, Rome (present day or ancient), Japan
- The Magnus Archives – Dreamer (MAG011), The New Door (MAG047), The Masquerade / Stranger and Stranger (MAG118-119)
- Stellar Firma – Vents and Labyrinths (STL11), Planets and Protagonists (STL35), Cafés and Camouflage (STL51)
- Completed entries should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “RQ FANART COMPETITION”
- You email submission should include:
- The piece(s) being submitted in one of the following file formats: .JPG, .PNG or .TIF
- Your name and/or handle that you’d like us to refer to you publicly;
- A Twitter handle (if you would like us to link that);
- The name of the piece (if any);
- The name of the show(s) and theme(s) you are submitting your piece(s) for;
- Any other information that you feel is relevant to the submission.
ENTRY & JUDGING
- This competition opens at 1pm GMT on Thursday 11th March 2021.
- This competition closes at 9pm GMT on Sunday 28th March 2021.
- Following the deadline for submission, all submissions will be reviewed by an internal judging panel at Rusty Quill Ltd, and a shortlist of up to four pieces per show drawn up.
- This shortlist will be put to a public vote, publicised via the Rusty Quill social media channels, between 1pm GMT on the 3rd April 2021 and 1pm GMT on 4th April 2021. The winner of each show category will be the fanart piece receiving the highest number of votes.
- Winners will be notified after 4th April 2021, and announced publicly shortly thereafter.
- Rusty Quill reserves the right to shortlist more entries for the public vote at the discretion of the judging panel.
RIGHTS AND ASSIGNATIONS
- By entering this competition, an entrant grants Rusty Quill Ltd a non-exclusive, worldwide, royalty-free, perpetual and sub-licensable licence to use, copy, display, adapt and modify their submission for purposes in connection with this competition and its promotion.
- Copyright, portfolio and intellectual property rights in general, other than as described in these terms, remain vested with the entrant for their submissions.
- In the unlikely event that we do not receive any entries that are eligible and/or meet our standards, Rusty Quill reserves the right to decline to shortlist any entries. Rusty Quill also reserves the right to disqualify any entrant deemed, at our discretion, to be engaging in inappropriate competitive behaviour, or acting in a manner detrimental to their fellow entrants, other fanartists or the Rusty Quill community at large.
- The decisions of Rusty Quill Ltd are final and, unfortunately, no communication with entrants about pieces following submission can be entered into, unless otherwise agreed or instigated by Rusty Quill Ltd.