Sometimes you may find that episodes of Rusty Quill content are not available on your preferred platform/pod-catcher. Here are some common troubleshooting steps you can try if a particular episode is not available.
- Check the Rusty Quill website. We have web players on our website provided by our hosting supplier. This is the best place to find episodes that might be missing from your pod-catcher of choice.
- Check your internet connection. Sounds obvious but you may have episodes downloaded to your device and this particular episode hasn’t been.
- Try reinstall the app. Often as a way of making the app faster data will be cached to your device and the issue may lie with this cached data. A sure way to make sure this cache is refreshed is by uninstalling and reinstalling the app from the app store.
- Check Twitter, often when lots of people can’t get content from their pod-catcher they’ll let them know about it via social media, so it can be a good way of finding out if an issue is affecting lots of people or if the pod-catcher team has provided any updates.
- If the issue persists after reinstalling the app try email the pod-catcher company with the name of the show and missing episode number. A lot of these pod-catchers have small dev teams and will actively improve the app based off of user feedback. You may help make your pod-catcher better and more resilient. Either look for a contact us section of the website or just email support@<pod-catcher website> .